Monday, February 19, 2007

Whaling Wall 95




This is Wyland's 95th mural and the very last one he will ever paint in the US. It was 4 miles from the house. He has painted the walls to promote education and of course save our oceans. While I have never been one to obsess over much less really care about celebrities, this is one person I was excited to see. He was very nice and very willing to take this awesome picture. He talked to both of the kids and played with Ruston. Too, cool. His paintings are so incredibly beautiful. Many of you have seen the whale tail painting "Great Tails of Whales" which is a Wyland hanging in my living room. Well, now you know who painted it. (of course it is NOT the original!) Virgel let me buy a second one during the wall painting. Woohoo!!!! The new one is Manatees in the Mangrove. This was an awesome opportunity to see him paint. It was SOOO effortless! Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jodi

I think Karen & Michelle have figured out what I need to do to leave you a message. At least I am going to try. The pictures are great and they mean so much more now that I have been there and can identify where the picture was taken. I really like the one with Sue and Ani what an awsome picture.
Hugs and kisses to Virgel and the kids.
Love to you all.
Aunt Lynda

Sue Steed said...

Jodi, Virgel, Ani & Ruston:
Thanks so much again for making our visit so much more than we expected. I am honored to be pictured on your blog, especially in the company of such an adorable little girl. Lynda & I sure enjoyed every minute, even the rain! Special thanks to Virgel for letting Lynda & I invade your home and family with such graciousness. You are a lovely family and I hope to see you again before too much time passes. Love ya! Aunt Sue