Sunday, August 17, 2008

Total Meltdown


FH000014.jpg, originally uploaded by jodifurr.

She lost it. We didn't make it more than 5 steps past the last picture when she started totally lost it. She went absolutely hysterical. Crying and at one point screamed when another teacher touched her. We finally made it into the class room and I tried to distract her with the stuff in the room. Didn't work. So you ask, how were the other kids? Quietly sitting at their desk playing with puzzles. She was saying I am too young to stay here. I am little to stay. I don't want to learn to read. I want to go back to day care. I don't want to stay here. All in all it was one of her best Dramatic moments - ever. It was pitiful. She even sat down on my foot and held on to my leg and said Mommy don't leave me. Now as a Mom you have a couple options, breakdown and cry, get mad, or laugh. It was so over the top, I choose to laugh. I know that sounds mean, but it was just soooo pitiful. Seriously - look at that face. I finally had to have a teacher pull her off of me and drag her back into the class room. Two minutes later she was just fine and playing. When Mamaw picked her up she was full of smiles. I knew she would be fine. I just had to make her let go. Some day she will have to teach me the same. . . .

No comments: